- Search for the original Windows Computer Name.
- Search for the device using the DeviceID by clicking the Endpoint Encryption icon in the system tray and selecting About File Encryption.
- Search the PolicyServer MMC logs for the UserID that uses the device. This should return log events for the UserID and identify the DeviceName that the user logged into.
- Uninstall File Encryption after changing the Windows Computer Name, and then reinstall File Encryption. This will add the device to the PolicyServer with the correct Windows Computer name. However, this process is more time consuming compared to the other options.
Need More Help?
Create a technical support case if you need further support.
Changes in Windows Computer Name is not updated in the PolicyServer
- Endpoint Encryption 3.0 File Encryption
- Endpoint Encryption 3.0 KeyArmor
- Endpoint Encryption 5.0
- Windows 2003 Standard 64-bit
- Windows 2008 Server R2
- Windows 7 32-bit
- Windows 7 64-bit
- Windows 8 32-bit
- Windows 8 64-bit
- Windows Vista 32-bit
- Windows Vista 64-bit
- Windows XP Professional
- Windows XP Professional 64-bit
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit
Thank you for your feedback!