When an administrator adds multiple IP addresses for a particular domain on the Domain-Based Delivery settings of IMSS, by default, the program automatically delivers the emails in a round-robin manner to provide a Network Load Balancing.
In a Failover environment, administrators requires email delivery by Priority and not by Round-Robin.
Learn how to change the Delivery Settings of IMSS from Round-Robin to Priority.
To change the delivery algorithm from Round-Robin to Priority:
- Go to ..\Program Files\Trend Micro\IMSS\config\.
- Look for tsmtpd.ini and open it with a text editor (e.g. Notepad).
- Look for the following:
- Uncomment and set the parameter to "0" as shown below:
- Restart the IMSS SMTP Service.
- Log on to the IMSS Web Console, and go to Administration > IMSS Configuration > SMTP Routing > Delivery tab.
The item at the very top gets the highest priority.
- Save the settings.