After installing a patch or a service pack for OSCE, clients appear to have received the latest program files. However, the Common Firewall driver remains outdated.
This issue happens because of the Postponed Install feature of OSCE. By default, OSCE will not upgrade the Firewall component. The client would only update the Firewall Driver after the computer reboots.
To resolve the issue:
- Go to the Officescan Client machine.
- Go to ..\Officescan Client\Temp folder.
- Check if there is an existing "postponedInst" folder and if it is not empty.
- If the folder exists and it is not empty, reboot the machine to complete the Firewall driver update.
- If the folder exists and it is empty, there is no need to reboot the machine.
- If the folder does not exist, there is no need to reboot.
By default, EnableInstallFWAfterReboot key is set to enable (EnableInstallFWAfterReboot=1) in OFCSCAN.INI. This means that when a hotfix, patch or service pack is deployed to the client machine, firewall related drivers (tmtdi driver is not included) would be placed under ..\Temp\PostponedInst folder instead of the OSCE client installation folder. On the next reboot of the machine, the said drivers under PostponedInst folder will be copied to OSCE client folder and will be installed.