Customer installing a DSA might encounter connectivity issues in Microsoft Cluster Environments.
This can either affect a Microsoft Failover File Cluster or a Microsoft SQL Cluster.
To resolve the issue:
- Unbind the passive (first) node using bindview.
- Select All Services from the Show Bindings For drop-down menu and expand the branches under the Agent Trend Micro Lightweight Filter Driver.
- Search for the binding path to MS cluster virtual adapter.
- Right-click the binding path and disable it.
- Test if the Deep Security Agent (DSA) can communicate with Deep Security Manager (DSM) by running an Eicar test.
- Failover the cluster to the passive (first) node.
- Uninstall the DSA from the former active (second) node.
This step will disable the network connection for up to one minute.
- Reboot the server. The new passive (second) node should be able to join the cluster.
- Install the DSA on the second node.
- Use bindview.exe to unbind Trend Micro Lightweight Filter Driver from the MS Failover Cluster Virtual Adapter.
The bindview.exe is a third-party tool and must be used with extra caution.
The nodes should now be working normally.