When viewing the OfficeScan Standalone Smart Protection console, there is no data on the widgets and the following error occurs:
Server connection timed out. Please check the network or the preset connection time and try again.
The issue occurs due to the following:
- The widget logs grows too big.
- Query time takes longer.
- Query time is reaching the timeout limit.
To resolve this, clear the logs to allow the widget page to load and increase the performance of the Standalone Smart Protection Server.
Do the following:
- In /var/tmcss/conf/LogMgt.ini, modify the WidgetPurgeDays settings by changing the values from "30" to "7".
- Delete all the summary_guid table records in the iCRCLog database. To do this:
- Using SSH session, log in to the Smart Protection Server command console.
- Connect to database iCRCLog and truncate summary_guid table by entering the following commands:
- On bash-3.2# type “su postgres” and press ENTER.
- On bash-3.2# type “psql” then press ENTER.
- On postgres=# type “\c iCRCLog” press ENTER.
- On iCRCLog=# type “Truncate table summary_guid;” press ENTER.
- On iCRCLog=$ type “select * from summary_guid;” then press ENTER.
There should be no rows inside the summary_guid table.
- Press CTRL+Z on the keyboard to exit.
- Log in again using the root account by entering: “su root”
- On bash-3.2# type “service lwcsd restart” to restart the iCRC_Scanserver service.
Log in to the web console and check the Summary Page.