When you install Patch 4 for OSCE 10.5, you encounter the "Installation failed!" error message and the installation does not continue. This problem may also happen when installing other service packs or patches for OSCE 10.6, 11.0, and XG.
The installation cannot continue because some files are locked.
To resolve this:
- Stop all OfficeScan server-related services:
- Officescan Master Service
- Officescan Active Directory Integration Service
- Officescan Control Manager Agent
- Officescan Plug-in Manager ( if PLM is installed )
- Trend Micro Local Web Classification Server
- Trend Micro Smart Scan Server
- Stop the following processes if they are still running in the background:
- Unload the OfficeScan client on the server to unlock any files held by OfficeScan client scanning.
- Disconnect any current session with the server. Most issues are caused by OfficeScan clients running ..\PCCSRV\Autopcc.exe via shared location (e.g. \\server\ofcscan\autopcc.exe).
- Run the patch or service pack installer again.
If the issue persists, collect C:\Tmpatch.log and submit a case to Trend Micro Technical Support.