After upgrading the OfficeScan server, the OfficeScan clients installed on unsupported OS/platforms no longer appear in the management console.
These are the OS/platforms that are dropped in OfficeScan 10.6:
- Windows 95
- Windows 98
- Windows ME
- Windows NT
- IA64 architecture
To continue updating and managing these clients, use the clientmover.exe tool to migrate the clients to a version of OfficeScan server that supports them.
- Set up an older version of the OfficeScan server i.e. version 7.3 on a different machine.
- On the OfficeScan 10.6 or 11.0 server, open the command prompt and go to the ..\Trend Micro\Officescan\PCCSRV\Admin\Utility\Clientmover folder.
- Run the tool with the following parameters:
ClientMover.exe [/P:<ExportDataPath>] [/S:<ServerIP>:<port>] [/N] [/V]
- /P is the path of the unsupported client list generated by the OfficeScan 10.6 server. ExportDataPath default location is ..\TrendMicro\OfficeScan\PCCSRV\Private\unsupcln.txt
- /S is the older version of OfficeScan server that these clients will be moved to and the server port.
<ServerIP> is the IP address of the OfficeScan server.
To determine the <port> number, check the "Master_DomainPort" parameter in the ..\PCCSRV\ofcscan.ini file.
- /N allows you to notify and then move the clients to the previous version of the OfficeScan server.
- /V verifies if the tool successfully moved the clients.
If you want to force the notification or verification without checking the current client status, add the parameter “/F” to the command. For example:
ClientMover.exe /P:”C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\OfficeScan\PCCSRV\Private\unsupcln.txt” /S:10.20.30.40:8080 /N /V
The result of the move will be logged into a file under ..\TrendMicro\OfficeScan\PCCSRV\Private\. The log filename will follow this format: unsupcln.txt.log.<date_time>. For example: