The Security for MAC (TMSM) plug-in has been installed on the OfficeScan server.
TMSM uses Apache ActiveMQ which is a Java Service wrapper and all TMSM messages and errors are logged within the wrapper.log file.
This file can grow over 20GB in size in a few months with multiple TMSM clients. A file size this big cannot be opened/sent to Trend Micro for troubleshooting purposes.
If TMSM is installed and wrapper.log grows quicky, the administrator may configure the wrapper.conf file. This file can be modified to truncate the wrapper.log file and only log specific messages (warning, error, fatal).
Here are the different parameters available within the wrapper.conf which should be modified:
- wrapper.logfile.loglevel=INFO - The log level for log file output.
- wrapper.logfile.maxsize=0 - Maximum size that the log file will be allowed to grow to before # the log is rolled. Size is specified in bytes. The default value # of 0, disables log rolling. May abbreviate with the 'k' (kb) or # 'm' (mb) suffix. For example: 10m = 10 megabytes. Configure to the size you prefer.
- wrapper.logfile.maxfiles=0 - Maximum number of rolled log files which will be allowed before old files are deleted. The default value of 0 implies no limit. Configure to the number of files you want to keep.
- wrapper.logfile.rollmode=SIZE - Add this exact entry to the .conf file under the logging properties.
Do the following:
- Backup the wrapper.conf file located in ..\Addon\TMSM\apache-activemq\bin\win32\ directory.
- Open wrapper.conf using Notepad.
- Change the following parameters:
- Save the file.
- Restart ActiveMQ for Trend Micro Security service.