Learn how to configure IPv6 Addresses in Worry-Free Business Security (WFBS) 8.0/9.0.
The web console allows you to configure an IPv6 address or an IPv6 address range. The following are some configuration guidelines:
- Worry-Free Business Security accepts standard IPv6 address presentations.
- Worry-Free Business Security also accepts link-local IPv6 addresses, such as: fe80::210:5aff:feaa:20a2
Note: Exercise caution when specifying a link-local IPv6 address because even though Worry-Free Business Security can accept the address, it might not work as expected under certain circumstances. For example, agents cannot update from an update source if the source is on another network segment and is identified by its link-local IPv6 address.
- When the IPv6 address is part of a URL, enclose the address in square brackets.
- For IPv6 address ranges, a prefix and prefix length are usually required. For configurations that require the server to query IP addresses, prefix length restrictions apply to prevent performance issues that may occur when the server queries a significant number of IP addresses.
- Some settings that involve IPv6 addresses or address ranges will be deployed to agents but agents will ignore them. For example, if you configured the Update Agent list and included an Update Agent identified by its IPv6 address, pure IPv4 agents will ignore this Update Agent and connect to IPv4 or dual-stack Update Agents, if any.