This is a step-by-step procedure for DDI installation.
To install DDI:
- Connect a monitor to DDI through a VGA port.
- Insert the DDI installation CD into the CD/DVD drive.
- Power on the bare metal server. The BIOS screen appears.
On the BIOS screen, press F11.
If installing DDI through a serial connection, press ESC followed by "!" (Shift + 1).
The BIOS Boot Manager screen appears.
- On the Boot Manager screen, select SATA Optical Drive and press ENTER. The DDI Installation screen appears.
On the DDI installation screen, press ENTER.
If installing DDI through a serial connection, type "serial" and press ENTER.
The System Information screen appears.
- On the System Information screen, perform the following:
- If the purpose of installation is to test the product in a controlled environment before installing it on your network, type “2” and press ENTER to skip the system requirements check. By default, the installer performs a system requirements check before installing DDI to confirm that the host machine has the necessary resources to run the product.
- To obtain installation logs (used for troubleshooting installation problems), type “3” and press ENTER.
- Type “1” and press ENTER to begin the installation.
The Management Port screen appears.
DDI automatically detects the active link cards (indicated by “Link is UP”) available for use as a management port.
- Om the Management Port Selection screen:
- Verify if the network port status and the actual port status match. If there is a status conflict, select Re-detect and press ENTER to refresh the status.
- To determine which active link card is connected to the management domain, perform the steps indicated on the Management Port Selection screen.
- Select an active link card and press ENTER. Installation continues and completes.
- If installation log collection was enabled in Step 7b, perform the following on the Export Installation Logs screen, which will display a list of storage devices.
Select a device on which to save the logs and press ENTER.
The recommended device to save the logs to is sda11.
If the preferred device is not listed, make sure that the preferred device is connected to the host machine, navigate to Re-detect, and press ENTER to refresh the list.
- When the installation log file name appears, you may record the file name for your reference. The file name is in the following format: install.log.YYYY-MM-DD-hh-mm-ss.
- Press ENTER.
The system automatically restarts and the Preconfiguration Console appears.
The installation CD (if used) is ejected from the CD/DVD drive.
- Remove the CD to prevent reinstallation.
- Perform the necessary pre-configuration tasks for the product to be fully functional.