There is a slowdown in user login after upgrading your Citrix environment with OfficeScan installed.
In some environments like a Citrix server, there are a lot of processes launching as the system starts up. Users may also see issues when opening their workspace since they are using the resources on the Citrix server to run their virtual environment.
The following registries can be used on the agent to troubleshoot the issue. These registries will allow a delay on the startup procedure of OSCE until the system has launched successfully. This avoids deadlock situations during login.
- 32-bit OS - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\Misc
- 64-bit OS - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\Misc
Process Image Scan enumerates all system processes and associated files and scans for integrity. This can create a performance issue during startup because the client is trying to access the files as they are being scanned.
- 32-bit OS - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\RealTimeScan Configuration
- 64-bit OS - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\RealTimeScan Configuration
This pause the launch of Reatimescan by the indicated amount of milliseconds to alleviate scanning conflicts on necessary system files.
This disables process ID comparison in close table entries to prevent close table entries increasing. This won't affect normal malware scanning.
These settings can be changed in the ofcscan.ini file on the OfficeScan Server to be sent out globally. The default location of the ofcscan.ini file on the OfficeScan Server is C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\OfficeScan\PCCSRV\ofcscan.ini.
- EnableProcessScanForStartUp and EnableProcessScanWhenScan
"0" - Disables the "Process Image File Scan" function when OfficeScan clients start
"1" - Enables the "Process Image File Scan" function when OfficeScan clients start (default)
"0" - Disables the "Process Image File Scan" function when OfficeScan clients perform manual or scheduled scans
"1" - Enables the "Process Image File Scan" function when OfficeScan clients perform manual or scheduled scans (default)
Under the "[Global Setting]" section, add the following key and assign the appropriate value.