Know the architecture changes and feature that was removed in Worry-Free Business Security (WFBS) 8.0.
The following are the architecture changes and the feature that is no longer available in Worry-Free Business Security (WFBS) 8.0:
The following are the architecture changes in WFBS 8.0:
- AMSP has been removed to use common client.
- UniClient has been removed to use common client
UniClient is not only used to connect product plug-ins with AMSP, but also to provide a common base that is reusable on different endpoint products. Since AMSP has been removed, functionality of UniClient will also be removed.
- Watchdog has been removed because it is a redundant of the self-protection feature.
- iAU has been removed to use conventional AU module for common client.
- Online Help documents are now saved in Trend Micro Back-end server. Before, it is saved locally in the Security Server (SS).
Trend Micro Toolbar (Page Rating)
- This feature has no security concern. WFBS has already Web Reputation Service (WRS) that prevents user to browse malicious and phishing websites. This means that WRS is already doing the Trend Micro Toolbar's function.
- Trend Micro Toolbar only supports Internet Explorer (IE) 6.X - 7.X (32 Bit version)