The DLP agent checks the behavior of some programs and applications, scans the file or the network traffic of the application, causing it to slow down.
You have to identify the channel causing the issue and collect the program or application’s behavior. For example, the traffic passes through a shared network, http, ftp or by opening it locally on the machine.
To resolve the issue, add the identified application's process name to the whitelist:
- Open the file under C:\WINDOWS\system32\dgagent\appwhitelist.xml. If you cannot search the dgagent folder under c:\windows\System32:
- Run "net stop dsasvc" to stop the dsasvc.
- Open a command prompt and go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\dgagent\dsa.pro
- Open DSA.pro using a notepad, and add "hide_me=false", then save.
- Run "net start dsasvc".
- Configure the appwhitelist.xml:
If the problem persists or the message "Restart the machine and try again." appears, collect the DLP agent logs via DLP console and submit it to Trend Micro Technical Support.
The DLP agent supports several types of whitelists: