Know what files to collect and how to collect them if the agent is unable to report to the management console.
To collect the files:
- If the DLP agent service is running, run "sc query dsasvc" via the command prompt.
- Check if the agent can access the server by pinging it (i.e. ping <servername>).
- Get the dsa.prf file under C:\windows\system32\dgagent\.
You can use Windows key + R key then type C:\windows\system32\dgagent\ to open the folder.
- Make sure that the value of link_ip found inside the ..\windows\system32\dgagent folder\dsa.pro file is the IP address of the DLP server. You have to reboot the agent service for the change to take effect. Below is an example:
link_ip=<IP address of DLP server>
- Enable the DLP debug log:
- Stop the agent service by typing "sc stop dsasvc".
- Copy the Logger.cfg file to C:\windows\system32.
- Start the agent service by typing "sc start dsasvc".
- Collect the debug log under C:\.
The log file's name starts with "dlpdbg".
- Get the agent GUID value from HKLM\SOFTWARE\Provilla\AgentGuid registry.
- Get the controller log in server from .../home/dgate/prod/controller/logs.