Send a test email to ensure all notifications and reports generated by the Security Server (SS) are received.
To send a test email using the SMTP Server settings:
STEP 1: Set up the Notification settings
- Open the Security Server console.
- Go to Administration > Notifications.
- Navigate to the Email Notification section..
- Enter a valid email address in the From and To fields.
- Click Save.
STEP 2: Set up the SMTP Server settings
- Go to Administration > Global Settings.
- Click the SMTP tab.
- On the SMTP Server field, enter the IP address, hostname, or FQDN of the Exchange Server.
- Tick the Enable SMTP Server Authentication checkbox.
- Enter the domain\username and password in the fields provided.
- Click Save.
- Click Send Test Email.
Currently, since WFBS' mail sending does not support TLS, users cannot directly set Office 365 as the SMTP server on SMTP settings. However, OfficeScan/Apex One has a workaround to resolve this compatibility issue. The workaround is to implement the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) relay as local SMTP server.
For more information, refer to the KB article: Integrating OfficeScan/Apex One with Office 365 hosted email service.
If the user wants to verify this, check if you can connect to the Office 365's SMTP server first.
telnet smtp.office365.com 587
In addition, users may also need to know the limitation for sending email using Office 365: How to set up a multifunction device or application to send email using Microsoft 365 or Office 365.
If you need technical assistance, contact Trend Micro Technical Support.