The following error message appears when accessing the OfficeScan (OSCE) server web console:
HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error
The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid
Config error: "Cannot add duplicate collection entry of type 'mimeMap' with unique ket attribute 'fileExtension' set to '.*'"
This error usually occurs when using IIS 7/7.5 because the wildcard symbol (.*) is not used in later versions of IIS.
It means that there is a ".*" entry in the MIME types.
Fix this issue by removing the MIME type entry ".*", or replacing it with ".".
- On the OSCE server, go to Control Panel > System and Security > Administrator Tools and double-click Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- On the left panel, select OfficeScan.
- On the right panel, open MIME Types.
- Remove the MIME Type entry ".*", or replace it with "." if you want to include a wildcard.
- Restart the OfficeScan web site.
If the issue persists, please contact Trend Micro Technical Support for assistance.