When you imaged an existing OfficeScan of Worry-Free Business Security (WFBS) server with the TMSM plugin, change the IP address, and deploy the TMSM clients, you are unable to open the console and the following error message appears:
Console Access Problem.
Trend Micro Security has not been registered to its parent server, or is not functional because the server has not been activated.
To resolve this issue:
- Make sure that all the ports needed by the TMSM client and the server are opened properly.
- Make sure that the TMSM server has the latest Java Update version and your Mac machines also have the latest Java Update for Mac.
- Log on to the OfficeScan/WFBS web management console.
- Go to Plugin Manager > Trend Micro Security for Mac > Manage Applications.
- Go to Administration > Client-Server Communication.
- Add the server name and click Save.
- Run restart_tmsm.bat under ...\Trend Micro\OfficeScan\Addon\TMSM directory.
- Deploy the new installer on the Mac client.
After installation, the TMSM client should now be accessible and no error messages should come up.