Follow this procedure if you need to migrate a DSM whose database is located in another machine.
To migrate, use a 2-node DSM and then decommission the old server. This will allow seamless migration because the settings are in the database, and you do not have to set the same IP/hostname or do configuration modifications.
Do the following:
- Install DSM on the new hardware. The existing and the new DSM must be the same version.
- During installation, use the same database server and database name as the existing DSM. This will create a 2-node DSM using a single database.
After installation, two DSMs will appear under System Information.
- Put the old DSM offline by doing one of the following:
- Disconnect it from the network.
- Stop the DSM service.
- Decommission the old DSM via the DSM web console.
- Wait for the Deep Security Agents or Virtual Appliances to be updated with the new settings.