Follow this procedure if you need to migrate a Deep Security Manager whose database is located in another machine.
To migrate, use a 2-node Deep Security Manager and then decommission the old server. This will allow seamless migration because the settings are in the database, and you do not have to set the same IP/hostname or do configuration modifications.
Do the following:
- Install Deep Security Manager on the new hardware. The existing and the new Deep Security Manager must be the same version.
- During installation, use the same database server and database name as the existing Deep Security Manager. This will create a 2-node Deep Security Manager using a single database.
After installation, two DSMs will appear under System Information.
- Put the old Deep Security Manager offline by doing one of the following:
- Disconnect it from the network.
- Stop the Deep Security Manager service.
- Decommission the old Deep Security Manager via web console.
- Wait for the Deep Security Agents or Virtual Appliances to be updated with the new settings.