You are unable to perform a remote installation on a machine running Windows 8.
- Check if the firewall is active.
- Go to Control Panel > Systems and Security > Windows Firewall.
- Click Turn Windows Firewall On or off.
- Select "Turn off Windows Firewall for both Private and Public Network settings" depending on which network is attached to the Officescan Server.
- Check if you are able to connect to machine's Administrative share ( \\machine_name\c$ ):
- Go to Network and Sharing Center > Change Advanced Sharing Settings and select "Use user accounts and passworkds to connect to other computers."
- Open REGEDIT then go to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
- Create a QWORD (64-bit) called LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy then set the value to "1".
- REBOOT the machine.
If the steps above does not work, allow your Windows 8 machine to join the domain and use the Domain Administrator credentials to log in and perform the remote installation.