This article introduces OfficeScan toolbox/CDT and how to use it.
OfficeScan toolbox/CDT is a tool that helps administrators collect debug logs remotely from OfficeScan clients due to any of the following issues:
- Clients are not updated through server notification.
- clients are unable to get updates from the correct source.
- Clients are unable to get the correct settings.
- Scan now is not triggered from the server
- Other issues.
To use this tool:
- Under the Trend Micro OfficeScan Toolbox service, go to Plug-Ins and click Manage Program.
- On the OSCE toolbox client tree, select which clients/agents you would like to collect debug logs from and click Deploy.
For optimum performance, do not deploy to more than three (3) clients at the same time.
- Select Case Diagnostic Tool for Microsoft Windows, 22.214.171.1242 from the drop-down list in the pop-up window, and click Deploy.
By default, Toolbox/CDT will be executed for 10 minutes on clients (Logserver.exe running time) to collect the debug logs.
- After the clients/agents completed the debug log collection and upload task, you can check it in the Logs section.
If the toolbox/CDT was stopped or encountered technical issues, the download link will not be available on the web console.Toolbox/CDT will not feedback debug logs to Trend Micro's back-end system, so it will not appear in the Feedback section.
- The CDT UI is only available in English. Japan and China are not included in this release.
- OSCE toolbox/CDT cannot collect debug logs that requires to restart the service.
- OSCE toolbox/CDT does not support collecting debug logs from Windows 2000.
- OSCE toolbox/CDT is not allowed to run driver debugging because it will generate big logs which is hard to collect remotely through HTTP.
- The timeout setting for toolbox/CDT is 60 minutes.