The following error message appears when deploying the Deep Security filter driver to the ESX/ESXi servers:
Operation failed: Failed to download offline bundle .zip. Please ensure that the ESX server can connect to DEEP on port 4119.
To isolate and resolve the issue:
- Make sure that the ESX can connect to the Deep Security Manager (DSM) via hostname/FQDN/IP address and vice versa. This will depend on what is used in DSM.
To verify which one ESX uses to contact DSM, go to the Administration tab > System Information. The manager address/name is specified here.
If hostname/FQDN is used, make sure the DNS settings are properly set in DSM and ESX.
- Make sure that the filter driver package was uploaded successfully to DSM prior to deployment.
If the above procedures and guidelines did not resolve the issue, submit the following to Trend Micro Technical Support for further analysis:
- Diagnostic package from DSM
- The VMware logs /var/log/messages (ESXi) or /var/log/vmkernel (ESX)
- Screenshots of the errors or configuration