- Check the Internet connection by browsing any website.
- See if Proxy settings are correct in Internet Explorer (IE).
- Open IE.
- Go to Tools > Internet Options.
- Go to the Connections tab.
- Click LAN settings. Make sure that the checkbox under Proxy server is unchecked.
- Verify the connection to the Smart Scan server. Check if the security agent can connect to the localscanserver address via DNS using the following command: pathping <LocalScanServerAddress>
traceroute <LocalScanServerAddres>Example: pathping wfbssvc51.icrc.trendmicro.com
- Check if Smart Scan service is available. To do this, click the link below: If the Smart Scan service is available, a File Download dialog box will appear prompting you download the "q" file. Close the dialog box.If the File Download dialog box does not appear, the Smart Scan Service is not available.
- Create a log.ini file using Notepad in the client folder.
- Open a new text file and type following: [TMCOMMONLOGGING]
Log EnableStdOutput = 0
LogLevel = 1
LogFileSize = 20
LogFileRotateNum = 5
LogFilePath = C:\iCRC_Diagnostic.log
- Save the file as log.ini in the client folder. Ex: C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\Client Server Security Agent
- Unload and reload the agent.
- Gather the logs under C:\iCRC_Diagnostic.log.
- Open a new text file and type following:
Need More Help?
Create a technical support case if you need further support.
Smart Scan Agent is disconnected in Worry-Free Business Security Services (WFBS-SVC)
Thank you for your feedback!