Learn how to manually update the WFBS pattern when the Security Server has no Internet connection. By default, WFBS needs Internet connection to be able to download patterns from the Trend Micro ActiveUpdate servers.
To update the Pattern Files of the Security Server if it does not have Internet connection:
- Go to a different WFBS Security Server that can download the patterns from the Active Update Server normally.
- In order to provide the patterns to the offline Security Server, create a shared folder that the server can access. Read access is sufficient.
- Copy all content from the ..\PCCSRV\download folder into the shared folder.
- Change the update path of the offline Security Server from the dashboard by clicking Updates > Source > Server > select UNC-Path.
- Paste the path to the newly created shared folder.
- Click Save.
After saving, the server will update the components and notify the Security Agents. The process of copying the content of the download directory on Step 2 needs to be done every time you will update the Offline Server.