A Windows Security Center balloon pop-up saying that the anti-virus is turned off appears even when OfficeScan client/agent services are running.
This issue is caused by Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) issues.
Use winmgmt.exe to automatically repair the WMI:
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Right-click Command Prompt and click Run as Administrator.
- Type the following command and press ENTER:
A message saying that the WMI repository has been salvaged will appear. Restart the machine and see if the issue is resolved:
- For OSCE XG users with Win10, patch to version 1556 first before checking if the issue has been resolved.
- For OSCE 10.6/11.0 users with Win7 who plan to upgrade their OS to Win10, apply the OSCE critical patch first before upgrading.
More information can be found in the following articles:
If the issue still persists, please contact Trend Micro Technical Support for assistance.