A task is the way for you to automate routine maintenance and configuration procedures for Normal Servers. You can define a task that runs several procedures at one time, automating the management of your antivirus software in the same manner as macros automate word processing programs/scripts automate routine network administration tasks.
You can use the ServerProtect task wizard to create a new task.
To create a task:
- Select either the Information Server domain, or Normal Server icon from the domain browser tree to be the target servers that the task is applied to. If you want the task to be applied to all the servers under an Information Server, or the servers under the same domain, click that Information Server or the domain name, respectively. Otherwise, click a particular Normal Server
Do one of the following:
- Click Do > Create Task on the main menu
- Click Task > New Task on the side bar
- The Create New Tasks screen appears.
- Select the types of functions from the Existing tasks list box that you want to include in the task. Your options are:
- Real-time Scan setting:Configure and enable virus scan of all files that are accessed on the server
- Scan Now - Configure and enable a manual virus scan of the network servers
- Deploy - Deploy new virus patterns and scan engines to keep your antivirus program effective against the newest computer viruses. Note that this option must be the last one to be performed in a task.
- Purge logs - Delete log entries which are older than a predefined age
- Export logs - Export logs as a comma separated value (CSV) text file for use in other programs
- Print logs - Print the log file
- Run statistics - Compile, print and/or export statistics about virus scan on your network
- Click Add # task item to add the previously selected to Selected task(s).
- From the left hand pane, continue choosing the tasks that you want to include in the new task and add them to the right hand pane. If you want to remove a task that you previously selected, highlight the task's name in the right pane and click Remove.
- If you want to change the order of the tasks, select the task whose order you want to change and click the up or down arrow icons at the top of the Selected task(s) sequence list box.
- If you want this task to be scheduled to run automatically, ensure that you select Create as a scheduled task.
- Click Create to start the wizardthat will help you create a task with the functions that you have chosen. Click Cancel to close the Create New Tasks dialog box without saving your changes.