When registering a new entity or a Management Communication Protocol (MCP) Agent, the following error message appears:
Unable to register to the Control Manager server. Check the Control Manager settings in the OfficeSan Web console or your network connection status
When a Test Connection is executed, the result shows the entity or MCP agent successfully connect to the TMCM Server.
This issue also occurs when implementing the Cascading Feature in TMCM. As the Child TMCM server tries to register to the Parent TMCM server, you get the same error message and only the Test Connection is successful.
TMCM Activation Code (AC) comes in two types: Standard and Advanced. Only the Advanced AC allows cascading feature in TMCM.
When Basic Authentication is enabled on Internet Information Services (IIS), CMAgent registration fails to TMCM server because there is no web server authentication information on the product entity's web console.
To resolve this, disable the challenge response Basic Authentication in IIS:
- Log on to the TMCM server where you need to register the product entities.
- Open IIS Manager and highlight each of the following Sites and Virtual Websites of the TMCM server:
- Default Web Site
- Double-click Authentication under IIS Category.
- Right-click Basic Authentication and select Disable option.
- Restart IIS Admin Service and register the MCP Agents again and verify the result.
If issue persists, collect the following and send to Trend Micro Technical Support: