When registering a new entity or a Management Communication Protocol (MCP) Agent, the following error message appears:
- For Apex Central: Unable to register to the Apex Central server. Check the Control Manager settings in the OfficeSan Web console or your network connection status
- For Control Manager: Unable to register to the Control Manager server. Check the Control Manager settings in the OfficeSan Web console or your network connection status
When a Test Connection is executed, the result shows the entity or MCP agent successfully connect to the TMCM Server.
This issue also occurs when implementing the Cascading Feature in TMCM/Apex Central. As the Child TMCM/Apex Central server tries to register to the Parent TMCM/Apex Central™ server, you get the same error message and only the Test Connection is successful.
TMCM Activation/Apex Central Code (AC) comes in two types: Standard and Advanced. Only the Advanced AC allows cascading feature in TMCM.
When Basic Authentication is enabled on Internet Information Services (IIS), CMAgent registration fails to TMCM/Apex Central™ server because there is no web server authentication information on the product entity's web console.
To resolve this, disable the challenge response Basic Authentication in IIS:
- Log on to the TMCM server where you need to register the product entities.
- Open IIS Manager and highlight each of the following Sites and Virtual Websites of the TMCM server:
- Default Web Site
- Double-click Authentication under IIS Category.
- Right-click Basic Authentication and select Disable option.
- Restart IIS Admin Service and register the MCP Agents again and verify the result.
If issue persists, collect the following and send to Trend Micro Technical Support:
For users of Winfows Server 2012/2016/2019, refer to this Microsoft article: IIS 7 Basic Authentication.