Adjust your Client\Server Security Agent CPU usage for the following scan types to improve scanning performance:
- Manual Scan
- Scheduled Scan
- Log on to the WFBS-SVC console.
Go to the Configure Policy screen by performing one of the following:
- Classic Mode: Go to SECURITY AGENTS and select a group. Click on the Menu icon (three vertical dots) then click Configure Policy.
- Advanced Mode: Go to POLICIES > Policy Management. Click Add or click an existing policy.
- On the left menu, select Scan Settings then enable Scheduled scan.
- Click Configure Settings.
Click the Action tab and configure the CPU Usage.
When you enable the CPU Usage or Scan Speed function, the Security Agent can pause in between file scans.
The following are the configurations of the Scan Speed function:
- High: No pausing between scans.
- Medium: There are pauses between file scans if the CPU consumption is higher than 50%. There are no pauses between scans if the CPU consumption is 50% or lower.
- Low: There are pauses between file scans if the CPU consumption is higher than 20%. There are no pauses if the CPU consumption is 20% or lower.
- It is recommended to run Manual or Scheduled Scan during off-peak hours to minimize any potential disruptions to users on the network.
- It is not advisable to set scheduled scan for servers on a daily basis. This imposes risk on the server's performance and might cause an overlapping scan. When setting scheduled scan, consider the server's role. A daily scheduled scan for a file server that stores Terabyte (TB) file size would complete longer than expected and may encounter performance issues (i.e. scan would take time to complete in a day or scan would continue the next day affecting the machine's performance).