Manually update the ESP/TEM server with a Controlled Pattern Release (CPR) and deploying it to CPM Endpoints. This solution also applies to a Bandage Pattern Release (BPR).
- Log on to the ESP/TEM Server and create the following folder paths:
- Obtain a copy of "Enterprise Pattern - CPR" from Technical Support or in this link.
Sample CPR Version:
Pattern Version: 9.888.04
Size: 45295843 bytes (NOT "Size on disk")
- Rename lpt888.zip to vsapi888.zip and move it to C:\update\pattern.
- Open the notepad (notepad.exe) and type the following information:
888 = short pattern version number
988804 = long pattern version number (9.888.04)
45295843 = File Size (NOT "Size on disk")
- Save notepad as server.ini file to C:\update.
- Log on to the ESP/TEM Console.
- Go to Endpoint Protection > All Endpoint Protection > Dashboards > ActiveUpdate Server Settings Wizard.
- Under the Internet location containing a copy of the current file field, type in the ActiveUpdate Source UNC Path you created.
- Click the Create Server Configuration Action... button to open the Take Action dialog box.
- In the Take Action dialog box, select the ESP/TEM Server as the target.
- Click OK to proceed and wait until action is complete.
- Log on to the ESP/TEM console and search for Fixlet ID:25 "Core Protection Module - Set ActiveUpdate Server Pattern Update Interval" and deploy it as one time action to the ESP/TEM server.
- When action completes, go to Endpoint Protection > All Endpoint Protection > Dashboards > Create Pattern Update/Rollback Task and verify that the new "Virus Pattern" is available.
- Click the Deploy button to open deployment type dialog box. Select either Deploy a one time action or Create an update Fixlet.
- Selecting Deploy a one time action opens the Take Action window to select target computers and instantly deploy CPR Component.
- Selecting Create an update Fixlet opens Create Fixlet window to create a fixlet for use in deploying CPR Component to target computers at a later time.
- Deploy CPR Component to CPM Endpoints based on the type of deployment selected in step 3.
After deploying CPR to selected endpoints:
- Change the ESP/TEM Server's ActiveUpdate Source back to "Trend Micro's ActiveUpdate Server" by performing similar steps in "II. Configure temporary ActiveUpdate Source".
- When action completes, delete all files/folders in "...\Trend Micro\Core Protection Module Server\download" directory and redeploy fixlet ID: 25 "Core Protection Module - Set ActiveUpdate Server Pattern Update Interval".
- Restart "Core Protection Module - Apply Automatic Updates" policies that were temporarily STOPPED.
This should switch all CPM Endpoints back to regular and normal pattern updates and those endpoints that received CPR/BPR will be updated again with regular patterns in the next Official Pattern Release (OPR) which happens the following day.