Install IMSVA on either a Bare Metal server or a VMware ESX Virtual machine.
- Start the IMSVA installation:
On Bare Metal server
On a VMware ESX Virtual MachineNote: If you install IMSVA on an ESX server, disable the snapshot feature for the virtual machine because the snapshot will exhaust hard disk space.
- Insert the IMSVA Installation DVD into the DVD drive of the desired server.
- Power on the Bare Metal server.
For both a VMware ESX Virtual Machine and a Bare Metal Server installations a page appears displaying IMSVA Installation Menu with the following options:
- Create a virtual machine on your VMware ESX server.
- Start the virtual machine.
- Insert the IMSVA Installation DVD into the virtual DVD drive with any one of the following methods.
- Insert the IMSVA Installation DVD into physical DVD drive of the ESX server, and then connect the virtual DVD drive of the virtual machine to the physical DVD drive.
- Connect the virtual DVD drive of the virtual machine to IMSVA-8.2.xxxx-86_64.iso file. The The IMSVA-8.2.xxxx-86_64.iso file is available at: Trend Micro Download Center.
- Restart the virtual machine by clicking VM > Send Ctrl+Alt+Del on the VMware web console.
- Install IMSVA: Select this option to install IMSVA onto the new hardware or virtual machine.
- System Recovery: Select this option to recover an IMSVA system in the event that the administrative passwords cannot be recovered.
- System Memory Test: Select this option to perform memory diagnostic tests to rule out any memory issues.
- Exit Installation: Select this option to exit the installation process and to boot from the local disk.
- Select Install IMSVA. The License Agreement page appears. From this page, you can access the Readme.
- Click Accept to continue. A page appears where you choose the keyboard language.
- Select the keyboard language for the system and then click Next.
- Specify the drive or drives IMSVA uses for installation and normal operation and then click Next.
The IMSVA installer scans your hardware to determine if the minimum specifications have been met and displays the results as illustrated below. If the host hardware contains any components that do not meet the minimum specifications, the installation program will highlight the non-conforming components and the installation will stop.
- Click Next. The IMSVA installer detects hard disk drives and displays all available hard disk drives. At least one drive must be selected for IMSVA installation.
- Select the drive(s) for IMSVA installation and then click Next. The Network Settings screen appears.
Note: During installation only the default network device (eth0) can be selected. To use a different ethernet card, use the Configuration Wizard to specify the ethernet card you want to use, after IMSVA installs.
- Provide all the information to install IMSVA, and click Next. The NTP settings screen appears.
- Specify the IMSVA server’s time and clock settings:
- Select the location of the IMSVA server.
- Specify whether the server’s system clock uses UTC or GMT by selecting or clearing the System clock uses UTC checkbox.
- Click Next. The Account Settings screen appears.
- Specify passwords for the Root and Enable accounts.
IMSVA uses two different levels of administrator types to secure the system. The password must be a minimum of 6 characters and a maximum of 32 characters.As you type the passwords, the password strength meter on the right indicates how strong the selected password is.
- Click Next. The Review Settings screen appears.
- Confirm that the selected values are correct and then click Next. The installation process prompts you to begin the installation.
Selecting Continue erases any data on the hard disk partition and formats the hard disk. If you have data on the hard disk that you would like to keep, cancel the installation and back up the information before proceeding.
- Click Continue. A screen appears that provides the formatting status of the local drive for the IMSVA installation. When formatting completes, the IMSVA installation begins.
Once the installation is complete a summary screen appears. The installation log is saved in the /root/install.log file for reference.
- Click Reboot to restart the system.
Bare Metal installation:
The DVD automatically ejects. Remove the DVD from the drive to prevent reinstallation.
Virtual machine installation:
We recommend you to disconnect the DVD-ROM device from the virtual machine now that IMSVA is installed. After IMSVA reboots, the initial CLI login screen appears.
- Log on either in the CLI or in the IMSVA web console to launch IMSVA. Log on to the CLI shell if you need to perform additional configuration, troubleshooting, or housekeeping tasks.