The AEGIS service startup time is delayed by default to enhance the performance of the OfficeScan (OSCE) client.
However, the Device Control function will not work during the system startup.
To remove the delay:
- Connect to the OSCE server.
- Open the \PCCSRV\ofcscan.ini file.
- Change the value of DelayLoadAEGIS to 0.
- On OfficeScan 10.6, go to Web Console > Global Client Settings.
- On OfficeScan 11.0/XG, go to Web Console > Agent > Global Agent Settings.
- Click Save to deploy the setting to the clients.
You can verify if the following registry key exists on the client machine:
After the value of DelayLoadAEGIS is changed to 0, TMBMSRV.exe will load as soon on system startup and the Device Control function will run immediately.