Follow this procedure to install the DSM using the Setup Wizard or via silent installation.
To install the DSM:
A. Copy the Installer Packages
Copy the appropriate DSM installer and Deep Security Relay installer to the target machine. You can download the installation package from the Trend Micro Download Center.
B. Install the Deep Security Manager
Using Installation Wizard
- Double-click the installer package.
- When the Installation Wizard appears, click Next.
- Click Next to agree to the terms of the license agreement.
- Specify the folder where you want the DSM to be installed and click Next.
When selecting a folder, the installer may append the suggested folder name on the end of the path you have selected. Review the folder entry before proceeding if you have used the Browse button.
- Specify the type of database you wish to use. If you are using an Oracle or SQL Server database, it must be created before DSM is installed. Enter the account details.
- Enter your activation code(s). Enter the code for All Protection Modules, or the codes for the individual modules for which you have purchased a license. You can proceed without entering any code, but none of the protection modules will be available for use.
You can enter your first or additional codes after DSM installation by going to Administration > Licenses.
- Enter the hostname, URL, or IP address of this computer. The Manager Address must be either a resolvable hostname, a fully qualified domain name (FQDN), or an IP address. If DNS is not available in your environment, or if some computers are unable to use DNS, a fixed IP address should be used instead of a hostname.
Optionally, change the default communication ports: The Manager Port is the port on which the Manager's browser-based UI is accessible through HTTPS. The Heartbeat Port is the port on which the Manager listens for communication from the Agents/Appliances. Click Next.
- Enter a username and password for the Master Administrator account. Selecting Enforce strong passwords (recommended) requires this and future administrator passwords to include uppercase and lowercase letters, non-alphanumeric characters, and numbers, and to require a minimum number of characters. Click Next.
- Select Automatic Updates (recommended). If selected, the DSM will automatically retrieve the latest components or check for new software. You can also configure updates later using the DSM. Click Next.
- Select whether to install a co-located Deep Security Relay.This step will be bypassed if you do not have the Deep Security Relay and DSM installers in the same location.
If you choose not to install a co-located Relay at this time, you can do so later by installing a Deep Security Relay.Click Next.
- Select whether you want to enable Trend Micro Smart Feedback (recommended). You can also enable or configure Smart Feedback later using the DSM. Optionally enter your industry by selecting from the dropdown list. Click Next.
- Confirm Settings. Verify the information you entered and click Finish to continue.
- Click Finish to close the Setup Wizard.
The Deep Security Manager service will start when setup is complete. If you selected to install a co-located Deep Security Relay in Step 10, the Relay installation will run silently now. The installer places a shortcut to the DSM in the program menu. Take note of this URL if you want to access the DSM from a remote location.
Using Silent Install
- To initiate a silent install on Windows, enter this command:
Manager-Windows-<Version>.x64.exe -q -console -varfile <PropertiesFile>
- To initiate a silent install on Linux, enter this command:
Manager-Linux-<Version>.x64.sh -q -console -varfile <PropertiesFile>
The "-q" setting forces the installer to execute in unattended or silent mode.
The "-console" setting forces messages to appear in the console (stdout).
The <PropertiesFile> argument is the complete/absolute path to a standard Java properties file. Each property is identified by its equivalent GUI screen and setting in the Windows DSM installation (described above). For example, the DSM address on the Address and Ports screen is specified as:
Most of the properties in this file have acceptable defaults and may be omitted. The only required values for a simple installation using an embedded database are: