Unable to finish a manual or scheduled scan in ServerProtect running on Windows Server 2012.
This is caused by the scan engine running into a loop in a folder containing a junction point.
To solve this issue, add the following registry key:
- Download and extract this scan engine file (VSAPI-KD-AMD64-9.720-1010.zip) to a temp folder.
Verify the contents of the file:
- Stop the ServerProtect Normal Server service.
- Back up the original scan engine file and replace it with the downloaded file.
- Modify the registry:
Key: BYJP(DWORD 32 bits)
- Reboot the operating system and reload the engine driver.
The reboot is necessary. Otherwise the new engine won't be loaded and the registry modification will not take effect.
- After the reboot, open the management console and check the engine version of the Normal Server that the engine has replaced.
Make sure that the version is 9.720.1010.