A computer group makes it easier to manage your individual computers, but it only works on physical computers (e.g. Deep Security Agent installed on physical machines). The Assign to Computer Group option only works for computers outside the vCenter.
When your target is managed by vCenter and you add the vCenter to the Deep Security Manager (DSM), the DSM automatically synchronizes the folder’s hierarchical structure and places the VMs under the vCenter instead of the Computers node.
The task is triggered but not executed because the vCenter does not belong to any computer group.
If you want to enable the Assign to Computer Group option for physical computers, create a computer group first:
- On the DSM console, click Computers tab.
- Right-click the Computers node on the left and select Add Group(s)… from the context menu.
- Provide a name and description for the group.
- Select the node where you want to add the group.
- Click the Add button. You can add more groups in this dialog box.
- Click Close.
You can now move computers to the groups you created or let the Event-Based Task do it automatically.