Data Protection EnhancementsThe Data Protection enhancements in this release include the following features.
Forensic data quarantine: OfficeScan clients create and upload encrypted forensic data files to the server allowing companies to track and record the specific Data Loss Prevention incidents that occur on the network. OfficeScan generates a hash value for each forensic file for verification and integrity purposes.Through integration with Control Manager, security officers can view the exact digital asset that caused each incident and take appropriate measures.
- Multi-rule policies: Administrators can create multiple rules for a single policy. Each rule can contain multiple templates and administrators can assign specific actions depending on the type of digital asset identified or the channel through which the transmission occurred. Global exceptions apply to all rules in a given policy, avoiding the need to copy settings.
- Enhanced DLP log details: Logs display more detailed records about each Data Loss Prevention incident. Details not only include the rules that triggered the incident, but also the exact template that identified the digital asset.
- Extended non-storage device support: Device Control can now monitor Bluetooth adaptors and Wireless NICs.
Extended DLP channel support: Data Loss Prevention can now monitor the following:
- 126.com Webmail
- 139 Webmail
- 163.com Webmail
- Tencent QQ (instant messaging)
- Tencent QQ Webmail
- SINA Webmail
- Sohu Webmail
Command & Control Contact Alert ServicesCommand & Control Contact Alert Services provides OfficeScan administrators the first line of defense to protect against the increasing number of targeted attacks occurring over the Internet. Trend Micro is continually developing more sophisticated methods to detect and defend against C&C servers and targeted attacks. Command & Control Contact Alert Services is only the first of a series of measures that Trend Micro is adopting to meet the security needs for all customers.This version of OfficeScan provides administrators with heightened detection capabilities for Command & Control servers.
Global Intelligence and Virtual Analyzer C&C server listsOfficeScan can automatically detect any known C&C server through use of the Trend Micro Smart Protection Network Global Intelligence list. Web Reputation Services checks all URLs against both the traditional malicious list, and the new Global Intelligence C&C server list.Administrators that have integrated a Smart Protection Server with Deep Discovery Advisor can also check the risk level of suspicious network connections using the Virtual Analyzer C&C server list. The Virtual Analyzer generates this list based on data received from connected Trend Micro products ensuring very company-specific protection.
C&C IP listThe C&C IP list works in conjunction with the Network Content Inspection Engine (NCIE) to detect network connections with known C&C servers. NCIE detects C&C server contact through any network channel.
Notifications for administrators and usersOfficeScan C&C Contact Alert Services provides standard and outbreak notifications that keep administrators and users informed about any known or potential advanced persistent threat or C&C callbacks originating from the network.
C&C Callback Events widgetThe C&C Callback Events widget provides administrators with a quick view of all callbacks from the network, the targets of the attacks, the risk level of the attack, and the callback address.
Behavior Monitoring Scan EnhancementBehavior Monitoring works in conjunction with Web Reputation Services to verify the prevalence of files downloaded through HTTP channels or email applications. After detecting a "newly encountered" file, administrators can choose to prompt users before executing the file. Trend Micro classifies a program as newly encountered based on the number of file detections or historical age of the file as determined by the Smart Protection Network.
Virus Scan Performance EnhancementThe OfficeScan Virus Scan Engine (VSAPI 9.713 or later) has been updated with a deferred scanning feature to improve file copying performance.
Web Reputation Pattern EnhancementThis version of OfficeScan enhances the integrated Smart Protection Server's Web Reputation Pattern. The Web Reputation Pattern has been redesigned to provide the following benefits:
- Reduced memory consumption
- Incremental pattern updates, which greatly reduce bandwidth consumption
Rollback EnhancementsThe version of OfficeScan simplifies the procedure required to rollback the OfficeScan server and clients. During OfficeScan 10.6 SP3 installation, administrators can choose to back up the server files which can then be used to roll back the server and clients to the previously installed version. For detailed rollback instructions, refer to Appendix D: OfficeScan Rollback in the OfficeScan 10.6 SP3 Administrator's Guide.
- Support for new platforms and application
OSCE 10.6 SP3 now supports the following platforms and application:Operating Systems:
- Windows Embedded POSReady 2009
- Windows XP Professional for Embedded Systems
- Windows Vista Business for Embedded Systems
- Windows VIsta Ultimate for Embedded Systems
- Windows 7 Professional for Embedded Systems
- Windows 7 Ultimate for Embedded Systems
- Windows Embedded POSReady 7
- Windows Thin PC
- Windows Embedded 8 Standard
- Windows Embedded 8 industry
- Outlook 2013
Need More Help?
Create a technical support case if you need further support.
New features and enhancements in OfficeScan 10.6 Service Pack 3 (SP3)
- OfficeScan 10.6
- Windows 2003 Enterprise
- Windows 2003 Enterprise 64-bit
- Windows 2003 Standard
- Windows 2003 Standard 64-bit
- Windows 2008 Enterprise
- Windows 2008 Server Core
- Windows 2008 Standard
- Windows 2012 Enterprise
- Windows 2012 Web Server Edition
- Windows 7 32-bit
- Windows 7 64-bit
- Windows 8 32-bit
- Windows 8 64-bit
- Windows Vista 32-bit
- Windows Vista 64-bit
- Windows XP Home
- Windows XP Professional
- Windows XP Professional 64-bit
Thank you for your feedback!
Create a technical support case if you need further support.