The following error message appears on the summary page after logging in to the web console:
HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error
An unknown FastCGI error occured
This only occurs on the summary page. The rest of the OfficeScan web console pages are working normally.
The console may also display the following error code:
Detailed Error Information:
Error Code: 0x800700c1
Upon checking the IIS log, it displays the following:
2015-09-23 12:31:47 fe80::c18:cb97:ac7c:8b72%12 GET /officescan/console/html/widget/index.php - 4343 - fe80::c18:cb97:ac7c:8b72%12 Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+7.0;+Windows+NT+6.3;+WOW64;+Trident/7.0;+ .NET4.0E;+.NET4.0C;+.NET+CLR+3.5.30729;+.NET+CLR+2.0.50727;+.NET+CLR+3.0.30729) - 500 0 193 0
The issue happens due to any of the following reasons:
- The error occurs by mapping an incorrect PHP-CGI.exe.
- The PHP-CGI.exe application is missing from the %Program Files%\PHP folder.
To resolve the issue:
- Open the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Navigate to <Server_Name>\Sites\OfficeScan\officescan\console\HTML\widget.
- Double-click Handle Mappings under the Features View panel.
- Right-click Edit on the item for *.php.
- Update the Executable (optional): field with the correct PHP-CGI.exe: Ensure that php-cgi.exe or PHP folder exists under PLM folder. If the file is missing, please check C:\Program Files (x86) if PHP folder and files exist. Copy the PHP folder under PLM folder.
- Save the configuration.
- Log on to the web management console again to verify that the issue has been resolved.