You cannot add vCloud account via DSM console and the following error shows:
"Unable to connect to the cloud provider ‘vCloud’ because of invalid data or service related issues"
This error occurs due to any of the following:
- The role of the vCloud Organization user does not have the required Administrator View right.
- There is a misconfiguration in adding the vCloud account using the DSM console.
- There is a misconfiguration in the VCD public REST API base URL setting.
To resolve the issue:
- On the vCloud Director console, verify if the account has the Administrator View right.
- Log in to the Administrator View console.
- Go to Administration > Roles.
- Select the role of the account.
- Click Properties. The Administrator View check box should be ticked.
- Check the credential format in adding vCloud account. The correct format is <username>@<organization>.
- Log in to the Organization View console using the credential for administrating vCloud Director.
- Go to Administration > Members > Users.
- Right-click the user and click Properties.
The credential format for the sample account above should be sbtest1@testorg.
- Correct the value of VCD public REST API base URL because this setting controls the entry point of REST API access to vCloud.
- On the vCloud Director console, go to System.
- Navigate to Administration > System Settings.
- Select the public addresses.
- Check if the REST API protocol is “https”, because the vCloud REST API uses the secure channel via port 443.
- Remove "/api" from the URL.
- Add the vCloud account via DSM.