Steps on how to reserve UPD ports in WFBS-SVC to prevent DNS Server conflicts.
WFBS-SVC uses UDP ports 61117 and 61118 to communicate with other agents in the network.
These ports serve the following purposes:
- For AA/IA election
- For AAs to collect the online/offline information then send back to server
Used by the WhoisAA tool as a listen port to discover other agents in the network.
There are instances where you'll discover that both UDP ports are claimed by DNS that causes WFBS-SVC agents to show as "Offline" in the WFBS-SVC console.
UDP 0.0.0.0:61117 *:* 1664
UDP 0.0.0.0:61118 *:* 1664
To avoid this conflict, add both UDP ports in the DNS reserved ports so they will not be used by the dns.exe process.
- On the registry editor, navigate to the following key:
- On the right-pane, look for the key “ReservedPorts”.
Click image to enlarge.
- If the key does not exist, do Steps 3a-3c. If the key exists, do Steps 3b-3c.
- Right-click the Parameters folder and select New > Multi-String Value. Name the value "ReservedPorts".
- Right-click ReservedPorts and select Modify.
- Set the Value to "61117-61118" then click Ok.
- Restart the following services
- DNS Server
- DNS Client
- Trend Micro Client Server Security Agent
- Wait 5-10 minutes for the Security Agent to show as "Online" in the console.