The following error message appears when installing the ToolBox plugin via plug-in manager:
Error: An update error occurred. Plug-in Manager cannot install the plug-in program. Possible reasons:
a. An error in the AU patch agent occurred. The AU patch agent is the program that launches installation of new plug-in programs.
b. Some files needed for plug-in program installation are missing.
For the exact cause of the error, check the ActiveUpdate module debug log "TmuDump.txt" in \PCCSRV\Web\Service\AU_Data\AU_Log. Refer to the Troubleshooting section of the online help for the solutions.
The Tmudump.txt file contains the following entries:
Inf 20130903 13:41:03 1260 1408 Unzip return [-105]
Inf 20130903 13:41:03 1260 1408 Cleanning Temp dir [C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\OfficeScan\PCCSRV\Web\Service\AU_Data\AU_Temp\1260_1408]
Inf 20130903 13:41:03 1260 1408 UpdateManager endwith 24 (180000): ActiveUpdate was unable to extract the downloaded patch packages. The archive file may be damaged. Please try downloading the file again.
The issue occurs because the ToolBox installer is corrupted. To resolve this:
- Stop the following services:
- IIS Admin
- Master Service
- Plug-in Manager
- Change the value of the following registry key to "1":
HKLM\SOFTWARE\TRENDMICRO\OFFICESCAN\Service\Aos\OSCE_ADDON_TOOLBOX\1_1_1.0.1150\StatusAlways back up the whole registry before making any modifications. Incorrect changes to the registry can cause serious system problems.
- Delete the following files:
These files are found in the following folders:
If these two files exist, delete them too:
- OfficeScan 10.6: C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\OfficeScan\PCCSRV\Download\product\osce106sp2\enu\
- OfficeScan 11.0: C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\OfficeScan\PCCSRV\Download\product\osce11\enu\
- Start the services.
- Open the OSCE web console > Plug-in Manager.
- Download and install the ToolBox installer.
- View the management console for ToolBox.