You are unable to save a Microsoft Office 2007 or 2010 file on a shared directory of a virtual machine (VM) protected by Deep Security and GravityZone Security for Virtualized Environments vShield. The following error appears:
File is currently in use. Try again later.
Cannot save the file to this location.
Files saved in the shared directory may also appear to be empty and have a size of 0 KB.
The problem occurs on the machines with GravityZone Security for Virtualized Environments vShield due to an incompatibility of the VMCI Driver provided with the VMWare Tools.
To resolve this issue, follow the procedure for your product version:
Deep Security 9.5.
Update the VMware Tools to version 9.4.10 build 2068191. Below are the downloadable packages:
- ESXi 5.5
The Windows package has the following downloads:
- 76 MB - ISO - windows/VMware-tools-windows-9.4.10-2068191.iso
- 41 MB - x64 - windows/x64/VMware-tools-9.4.10-2068191-x86_64.exe
- 33 MB - x86 - windows/x86/VMware-tools-9.4.10-2068191-i386.exe
- ESXi 5.1
- 42 MB - x64 - windows/x64/VMware-tools-9.0.10-1479193-x86_64.exe
- 30 MB - x86 - windows/x86/VMware-tools-9.0.10-1479193-i386.exe
Deep Security 9.0
Update the VMware Tools for 5.0 U3.