Follow this procedure to properly install the DSA on an image and have it ready for re-provisioning.
To set up a DSA gold image:
- Install the DSA software on the image.
- Open the Services console and turn off the Trend Micro Deep Security Agent service.
- Set the startup mode of the Trend Micro Deep Security Agent service to Manual.
- Go to C:\ProgramData\Trendmicro\DeepSecurity Agent folder and delete all files that have the following extensions:
- Save the image. It is now ready for re-provisioning.
After the image is re-provisioned:
- Change the Trend Micro Deep Security Agent service back to Auto Start mode.
- Start the service.
In case you encounter issues with DSA activation, refer to this KB article: Event ID 705: Activation Failed appears when activating the Deep Security Agent (DSA).