The installation package of InterScan Web Security Suite (IWSS) 3.1 contains the InitDb.bat script. This batch script is located in the Disk1\dbinit directory and you can use it to re-create the IWSS SQL database and database structure.
To re-create the database from scratch and populate with initial data:
- Stop all scheduled tasks and IWSS services to make sure that nothing is accessing the IWSS database.
The IWSS services are the following:
- Trend Micro InterScan Web Security Suite Console
- Trend Micro InterScan Web Security Suite for FTP
- Trend Micro InterScan Web Security Suite for HTTP
- Trend Micro IWSS Log Import
- Trend Micro IWSS Metric Management Service
- Trend Micro IWSS Notification Delivery Service
- Trend Micro IWSS TMCM Agent Service
- Trend Micro SNMP Service
- Open the command prompt and map to the Disk1\dbinit directory of the installation package. For example: C:\ cd C:\iwss_31_win_b1158\Disk1\dbinit.
- Run the following command:
initDb.bat <user> <password> <iwss database instance> -f
- <user> is the SQL user account used for IWSS. This can be the 'sa' SQL user account or Windows authentication account.
- <password> is the password of the user account used for SQL authentication.
- <iwss database instance> is the IWSS server IP if the SQL is on the same server as IWSS. For example, in 10.255.255.255\iwss, iwss is the database instance.
InitDb.bat sa password 10.255.255.255\iwss -f
Re-creation of the database will start. The following output will appear:
[NOTICE]: If you already have an old "iwss3" database in the server
[220.127.116.11\iwss ],this program will delete this database, and create a new one from scratch!
Do you want to continue(y|n): y
1.Creating DSN for database creation...
2.Deleting possible pre - existed database...
3.Creating database ...
4.Creating tables ...
5.Creating procedures ...
6.Inserting default values ...
7.Creating default cleanup job
Database for IWSS3.1 Windows has been successfully created and initialized!
- Restart all IWSS services and scheduled tasks, and then access the web console to confirm the successful re-creation of the database.