This article tells you what to do if the downloaded pattern files of TMCM that can be found in ...\Trend Micro\Control Manager\AU_Data\AU_Storage takes a huge amount of your disk space.
Each product version that requires a pattern/engine are kept in ...\Trend Micro\Control Manager\AU_Data\AU_Storage sub-folders. By default, it stores 14 patterns for 14 days. These folders may tend to be very large, depending on the size of the patterns of the products that need to be updated through TMCM.
There are two ways you can optimize the disk space:
Option 1: Set the number of days the patterns are stored in the AU Storage folders
- In the TMCM directory, back up the \Trend Micro\Control Manager\SystemConfiguration.xml file.
- Usign cmd.exe, access \Trend Micro\Control Manager.
- Type the following command:
XMLModify.exe m_iSmartDupIncrePatternNum x SystemConfiguration.xml
Where x is the number of day the patterns should be stored in the AU Storage folder.
For example: XMLModify.exe m_iSmartDupIncrePatternNum 7 SystemConfiguration.xml. TMCM is set to store the patterns in the AU Storage folder for 7 days.
Option 2: Disable uneccessary pattern/engine downloads
You can configure TMCM to disable the download of patterns/engines that are not used by TMCM.
- Log in to the TMCM console.
- Go to Updates > Components List.
- Under Products Using Component, take note the components used by the products. You can expand the component by clicking (+). This will show you the specific Trend Micro product using that particular component.
List the Components Names used by the products that should be downloaded by TMCM. Unfortunately, you cannot export the list so you have to do this manually.
- Go to Updates > Scheduled Download.
- Cross reference the patterns being used from the patterns being downloaded.
- Enable only the ones needed by the products reporting in TMCM.
- Save the changes.