It is recommended to configure the settings for unscannable message partin Security Risk Scan to prevent spam mails that contain executables within a compressed file. However, doing so will affect the password-protected Office files as well.
Click image to enlarge.
To skip the password-protected Office files:
- Stop the ScanMail for Microsoft Exchange Master Service.
- Open the Registry Editor. Always back up the whole registry before making any modifications. Incorrect changes to the registry can cause serious system problems.
- Locate the following key and set the appropriate value:
- Path: HKLM\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\ScanMail for Exchange\CurrentVersion
- Key: BypassPasswordProtectedOfficeFiles
- Type: REG_DWORD
- Data value:
- 0 = SMEX takes the same action for password-protected Office files and zip files.
- 1 = SMEX skips all password-protected Office files and takes action on password-protected zip files only.
- Restart the SMEX Master Service.