- During the upgrade, PolicyServer services are stopped. However, there is no interruption to Endpoint Encryption device access. Existing policy configurations are maintained.
- Verify that all system requirements are met.
- For security reasons, legacy Endpoint Encryption agents cannot communicate directly with a PolicyServer instance residing in a different network.
- Run PolicyServerInstaller.exe.
The PolicyServer installer opens.
- At the Product Legal Notice screen, read the license agreement and accept the terms by clicking Accept.
- Verify the PolicyServer version and then click Upgrade. Make sure to follow the correct upgrade path for PolicyServer.
- At the License Registration message, click OK to continue.
- At the Windows Service Logon screen, click Continue. The default settings are appropriate for most environments.
- At the Database Administrator Logon screen, provide the following in the Primary Database section: Server, User name and Password.
For environments with multiple SQL Server instances, append the SQL instance to the end of the PolicyServer hostname or IP address used. Use the following syntax to specify an instance: <hostname or IP address> \<database instance>The installer verifies the database connection.
- At the PolicyServer Question message, do one of the following:
- Click Yes to back up existing data.
- Click No to overwrite existing data.
- At the Endpoint Encryption Service screen, specify the following parameters: Port number, Automatically generate a new self-signed certificate and Specify an existing certificate.
- At the Legacy Agent Service screen, select the location that legacy Endpoint Encryption agents (version 3.1.3 and below) use to communicate with PolicyServer, and then click Continue.
- Click Yes to install PolicyServer MMC.
Note: The PolicyServer installer can automatically install a version of PolicyServer MMC that supports the management of the product. PolicyServer 5.0 does not support older versions of PolicyServer MMC. Only click No if another endpoint with PolicyServer MMC 5.0 installed manages PolicyServer.The installation process begins.
- From the PolicyServer Installer message, click OK.
- Click Finished.
- From the PolicyServer Installer window, click Exit.
- Restart the server.