- Verify the File Encryption system requirements.
- Review the upgrade path.
- Use FileEncryptionIns.exe to upgrade the agent from a previous version.
- FileEncryptionIns.exe overrides the Allow User to Uninstall policy and upgrades whether the policy is set to Yes or No.
- Run FileEncryptionIns.exe.
Windows installer uninstalls the older File Encryption agent (FileArmor) and then installs File Encryption 5.0.
- Wait for the endpoint to restart.
- After Windows loads, log on and check the new File Encryption folder. Encrypted files and folders are maintained.