An application is falsely detected through any of the following situations:
- A valid application suddenly stopped working.
- The product displays an alert about detected files in a known path.
- A product pop-up appears, indicating that a known file is detected.
- A product detects a program or file being used.
To resolve this issue:
- Collect a sample of the falsely detected file(s).
- The files should in be in ZIP format. To submit a ZIP or RAR file, file compression software (e.g., Winzip) must be used. Please use "novirus" as password for the archive.
- Gather the necessary product logs that shows the false detection (virus/malware logs, behavior monitoring logs, etc.).
- Get a screen capture of the product alert, detection, or notification.
- Get some information on the product being used and the related component versions (e.g., virus pattern, smart scan agent pattern, behavior monitoring pattern, etc.).
- Submit a case to Trend Micro Technical Support for analysis.