Official Pattern Release (OPR)
The Official Pattern Release or OPR is Trend Micro's latest compilation of patterns for identified viruses. It is guaranteed to have passed a series of critical tests to ensure that customers get optimum protection from the latest virus threats.
The OPR is automatically downloaded via direct Internet connection. You may apply the OPR manually in case you are unable to download the latest pattern files automatically.
Controlled Pattern Release (CPR)
The CPR is a pre-release version of a Trend Micro virus protection database. It is designed to provide you with advanced protection against the latest computer viruses, and to serve as an emergency patch during a virus threat or outbreak. This has received only preliminary testing and has not yet been approved for release in accordance with Trend Micro's quality assurance procedures.
You need to apply the CPR manually.
To apply the OPR or CPR:
- Go to the Trend Micro Download Center and click All Pattern Files.
- Choose the OPR or CPR to apply, and then download the lpt[xxx].zip file to your local machine.
- Open WinSCP.
- Select SCP as the File protocol.
- Enter the IWSVA hostname or IP in the Host name field.
- Type the username and password in the User name and Password fields.
- Copy the lpt[xxx].zip file to the /tmp folder of IWSVA.
- Log in to the IWSVA CLI.
- Go to the /etc/init.d directory and stop IWSVA services using these commands:
> cd /etc/init.d
> ./IWSS stop
- Go back to the /tmp directory and extract the lpt[xxx].zip file to the /etc/iscan directory by using these commands:
> cd /tmp
> unzip lpt[xxx].zip -d /etc/iscan
- Start the IWSVA services by running these commands:
> cd /etc/init.d
> ./IWSS start
- Run this command to verify the updated pattern:
> /etc/iscan/getupdate INFO
The pattern version you just uploaded will appear.
To update the pattern version on the IWSVA console:
- Using WinSCP or VI editor, modify the intscan.ini file under the /etc/iscan directory:
- Open intscan.ini and find the entry "[Pattern-Update]".
- Modify the values of the following entries under "[Pattern Update]":
Note: Use the output of "getupdate INFO" as reference.
- Log in to the IWSVA web console and go to Updates > Manual to see the new pattern version.