The Apple Push Notification service (APNs) enables Trend Micro Mobile Security (TMMS) for Enterprise to securely communicate to your devices over-the-air (OTA). Each organization needs its own APNs certificate to ensure a secure mechanism for their devices to communicate across Apple's push notification network.
TMMS for Enterprise uses your APNs certificate to send notifications to your devices when the Administrator requests information or manage your iOS devices. Only the notification is sent through the APNs server.
Take note of the following:
- APNs certificate(s) downloaded from Apple Push portal has one year validity from the date it was created. Renew APNs certificate to extend certificate expiry date.
- If the Administrator uploads a new APNs certificate, all iOS devices should be re-enrolled after that.
- If the Administrator revokes an APNs certificate, all of iOS devices will not receive any command notification.
- Revoking a certificate from the Apple Push Certification page will need 24 hours to finish the process.
To set up APNs certificate management mail notification, refer to this video guide.
The following are the trigger points of APNs certificate management mail notification:
- When the APNs certificate is about to expire in 30 days (14, 7, 3 days)
- When APNs certificate is expired
- When APNs certificate is revoked in the Apple portal
- When APNs certificate is removed in WFBS-SVC console