In other Internet Explorer (IE) versions such as IE 10, the "Show content" pop-up message appears on the browser when a certificate error occurs. Upon clicking Show content, you can select Retry to reaccess the IDF console.
Due to the enhanced security of IE 11, the "Show content" pop-up message does not show when attempting to open the IDF console. Hence, the IDF administrator cannot access the IDF server console and the following message appears:
As a workaround to access the IDF server console via IE 11:
- Add the OfficeScan server address to the list of IE Trusted Sites.
- Open the IE browser.
- Navigate to Tools > Internet Options.
- Select the Security tab.
- Click Trusted Sites.
- Add the OfficeScan server site to the list. For example, https://myofficescan:4343//.
- Import the IDF certificate.
- Right-click the error page "Content was blocked because it was not signed by a valid security certificate" and click Properties.
- Copy the URL address from "https://[hostname]:4119/Transfer.screen?sID= [section ID]" on the Properties dialog box.
- Open a new tab in IE 11 to browse the URL you copied from the previous step.
- Click Continue to this website.
- Click Certificate Error, and then click View certificates.
- On the Certificate dialog, click Install Certificate and then click Next.
- Select Trusted Root Certification Authorities for the certificate store and click Next to complete the Certificate Import Wizard.
- Open a new tab in IE 11 to browse the OfficeScan console again using the server’s hostname instead of the IP address.
For example, use https://Hostname:4343/officescan for the IDF to work. If you use https://FQDN:4343/officescan or https://10.x.x.x:4343/officescan, IDF will fail.
You should now be able to open the IDF server console normally.