This may result in severe performance degradation.
Current cache size is 83 buffers above the configured cache limit (396 percent of target).
Cache size maintenance evicted 0 buffers, made 52515 flush attempts, and successfully flushed 0 buffers.
It has run 291324 times since maintenance was triggered.
- Log in to the OSCE server web console.
- Go to Networked computers > Client management, and then select the computer/domain where you want to apply the exclusion.
- Go to Settings > Scan Settings > Real Time Scan Settings.
- On the Scan Exclusion section, make sure that the Enable scan exclusion check box is ticked.
- On the “Saving does the following” section, select Adds path to the client computer's exclusion list.
Type the following on the text box:%Userprofile%\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_
8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\LiveCommImportant:OSCE does not support environment variables from Windows. Replace %Userprofile% with the actual path to the folder. For example, %Userprofile% = C:\Users\Administrator
- Click Add.
- Click Save, and then click Close. The clients will then be notified and the settings will be deployed.
- Restart the affected computer to clear the deadlock.